January 1, 2015: CRO’s Numismatic New Year’s Resolutions
After considerable thought, here’s what we’ve come up with:
- Develop a better system to track global numismatic auctions this year so we don’t miss anything good.
- Don’t buy anymore impaired rarities no matter how cheap they seem to be.
- Check all show schedules extra carefully before booking flights and hotels so we never again arrive 2 days before anyone else.
- Avoid the Chicken Christopher W/Garlic Beurre Blanc Sauce at Morton’s. Sure, it’s delicious, but at 1,290 calories, it’s an entire day’s worth of food.
- Keep our listings on Collectors Corner updated.
- Don’t let the good stuff in the upcoming Partrick and Kendall Collection sales get away.
- Use the CRO Twitter account (CRORoadReport) as a way to send reminders about upcoming shows, EB’s or other events.
- Reduce extraneous travel by taking advantage of preview lot viewing opportunities when they are offered at shows.
- Update the CoinRaritiesOnline Facebook page with more pictures of new items before they appear in an Early Bird.
- Worry less about who might be offended by biting numismatic commentary we put in articles on the website.
There, that should do it.